vrou water 💧

0 Comments
Wellness & Workout, Wine & Dine

I redeemed my free sampler pack of 5 Vrou water bottles from Wellcoin (see post on Wellcoin rewards). Vrou water claims to be packed with micro-nutrients, natural ingredients and contain no sugar nor calories. I started to do some digging about Vrou water, to see if it’s all it claims to be to HYDRATE (electrolytes), ENERGIZER (B vitamins), STRENGTHEN (magnesium, calcium, vitamins D + K), DEFEND (vitamins A + C + E).

(PS: I love regular water, especially boiled water cooled to room temperature! I owned one of those water fruit infusers, but the bottle really sucked and leaked.)

vrou water
so many flavors *—-*

I am not one to read a million labels and ingredient lists every time I shop, I just look at the nutrition facts to get a quick idea on the calories, fat content, and such. There’s that rule “if you can’t pronounce it, then it’s probably not good for you” so looking at the long ingredient list… I can’t pronounce a ton of stuff, haha. Just wanted to read more into this so this post has more flesh.

Pineapple pineapple + Mint mint: my first bottle. It tasted like water that had pineapples soaking in it for a while and nicely diluted with MORE water after. It wasn’t very sweet and didn’t have any mint flavor (thank goodness cause I don’t like mint flavored water). Overall, it left me feeling hydrated. I must have been really thirsty at my desk because I finished it in under an hour.

Orange orange + Guava: I am not a fan of guava, so I was surprised that I enjoyed this! I was super thirsty at work one day and drank it all in under an hour.

Lemon lemon + Ginger: No ginger taste at all. This one was definitely my favorite because the lemon was just enough. And maybe because I liked to ask for lemons when I eat out at restaurants.

Cucumber + Lime: Also not a big fan of cucumbers, but no cucumber taste, really. The lime was good and tangy.

Watermelon watermelon + Basil basil: my second bottle. There wasn’t a strong hint of basil. The watermelon flavor was a bit bland. It didn’t taste like artificial watermelon (like a Jollyrancher) and it was better than WTRMLN WTR (which is a bit acidic).


OVERALL: There are a TON of vitamins in this drink! I think this is a great way to get more nutrients in your body and feel hydrated. Also great cause it is flavored and if you’re the kind of person that can’t drink too much plain water, you should check this out!

However, the price point is pretty high: $2.49/bottle (package of 12) if you’re local in NYC or $3.67 – $4.67/bottle (x 6 in the Amazon package)


INGREDIENTS LIST:

Triple Filtered Water, Proprietary Nutrient Blend (Calcium Lactate, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Phosphate, Vitamin E Acetate, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide), Vitamin B5 (Panthothenic Acid), Vitamin A Plamitate, Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCL), Vitamin D3, Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid), Vitamin K, Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)), Erythritol 1 (a natural sweetener), Natural Flavors 4, Citric Acid, Stevia Leaf Extract 2, Beta Carotene 3

1. Erythritol is a sugar alcohol extracted from fruit that is 90% is excreted as urine. The other 10% enters the colon. It does not affect blood sugar levels nor does it cause laxative effects (like other sugar alcohols). It is 60 – 70% the sweetness of sugar.

2. Stevia is a sweetener extracted from plants. The highly purified form (Rebaudioside A) is considered safe per FDA. It is 100 – 300x sweeter than sugar. WebMD

3. Beta Carotene is one of a group of red, orange, and yellow pigments called carotenoids. Beta-carotene and other carotenoids provide approximately 50% of the daily Vitamin A needed. WebMD

4. Natural Flavors – what on earth could this be? Haha. This has to be where the water flavor comes from because the ingredients list across all the flavors are the same.

Tags: , ,