Last Updated: September 6, 2020
Original Post Date: September 2016
Before I turned 25, my mom was like, “Winnie, everything is going to change. You better take care of your skin.” Since following Ceci’s blog about Korean products and going on a shopping trip with her… I have come to a skin care routine. Taking your skin is the best way to keep looking like a 12 year old 🙌 .
I slowly gone from a 2 step process (wash & tone) to a multi-step process. This are the current products I use and I’ll update this page as I change it up!
1. Makeup remover – Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Cleansing Oil.
It doesn’t look like Innisfree direct site carries this specific product anymore but they have new variations. Innisfree has sales from time to time so you can even buy this product for 50% off (like I did! 😀 )
2. Face wash – some random one Ceci gave me 😂
3. Toner – Innisfree Green Tea Balaning Skin. I like that it’s thick and it feels very moisturizing on my skin after washing my face.
Get it direct from Innisfree – this also goes on sale from time to time with their “Best of Innisfree” or BOGO half off
4. Essence – MISSHA Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence (cheaper on Amazon). This is an affordable mock of the SKII product. It’s $49 on MISSHA.com. I’ve been using this product for over 6 years. It looks watery but it sticky on your face since. My recent restock Amazon was the same price for the large size and travel size bottle! (Can’t find the listing right now)
5. Emulsion – finishing up some sample size products
6. Biossance Squalane Oil. I currently have both the Vitamin C & Rose Oil and the 100% Squalane Oil. The rose one smells better but the 100% squalane is more moisturizing. I’ve been using the rose one exclusively for the last few months but can’t tell if the Vitamin C has helped with blemishes since I’ve also been exposed to the sun this summer.
Register here to get $15 off $50 –> https://www.talkable.com/x/t7OwD8. Biossance also runs various promotions throughout the year, the best around Black Friday – Cyber Monday.
1. Essence – see above for night
2. Moisturizer – I am currently going through products I received as samples from purchases or products I received for free from
Other Products Used
Makeup remover / cleanser
Tony Moly Goat Cream Cleanser. This cleanser made my face feel super moisturized and not dry. This was my first Korean cleanser product back in 2016! I always though cleansers dried your skin and that was normal… clearly not. I bought this cleanser multiple times and used them through 2018-2019. I don’t think Tony Moly US carries this product anymore.
Garner Micellar Water (red cap, non-waterproof removal) – while this product is super easy to use by squirting onto a cotton pad… it doesn’t really remove eye makeup well. I leave it on top of my eye for a few seconds and brush to the side. It claims you don’t need to do any harsh rubbing but it’s needed to remove completely. I skipped a night of my Clarisonic use and opted for this instead (since I did not workout that day) and it was unable to remove my makeup as I still saw my BB cream color when I used another cotton round for toner. This product is best for a morning clean for me. I still have this product after a few years… now I use it more to soak a Q-tip and clean up any eye makeup.
Burt’s Bees Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream. This cleanser was surprisingly cool and minty. It really gets you in the sleeping mode. Not a lot of suds so it’s much easier to wash off (but I love suds cause it tricks me to think I am cleaner, haha).
Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3 (pink bottle). This toner was not as stinging, but it still had that feeling. It was a good run but I rather use a toner that also moisturizes in addition to leveling my pH.
Nature Republic SACCHAROMYCES The First Essential Skin – it’s gloopy and definitely different from the products I’ve used from drugstores. I do feel it moisturize my skin, leaving it soft. I’m so happy I can finally can use this since I finished my other products (noted below). Do not confuse this with the other products in the line (this product is not on Amazon so go find a store nearest you. I originally got 2 bottles from RoseRoseShop but it’s not listed right now: click here to check). This product seems to be decommissioned since it’s not on the Nature Republic site anymore.
- Eye cream – Mizon Snail Repair Eye Cream
- Emulsion – Goodal Phytoshine Acai Berry Brightening Emulsion